Are Mamaearth Products Worth Buying? | Honest Review
August 10, 2020
Top Product Recommendations For Skin & Hair Care | Benefits | How To Use | Pricing
Mamaearth is an Indian Company with its headquarters situated at Gurugram, India. Co-founded by Varun & Ghazal Alagh, Mamaearth seeks to enhance the true sense of Natural skincare & beauty regime with utmost care. It offers products that are safe by international standards and loaded with the goodness of nature.
Mamaearth has now become Asia’s 1st Brand with MadeSafe Certified products that are free of any harmful chemical. Mamaearth products are free of all known toxins which are banned in most countries. They have a wide range of skin and hair care products devoid of any harmful Silicones, Parabens, Mineral Oil, Dyes & Synthetic Fragrance.
Now in 2020, Mamaearth has been showing signs of florishing into one of the finest personal care companies in India. Having developed numerous online as well as offline stores, over INR 130 Crores in seed funding and Shilpa Shetty as the brand ambassador.
So here I am, presenting an exclusive list of the top 10 Mamaearth products that exist in the Indian market today,which are my personal recommendations after using them all for atleast over a year. The list contains the product names, ingredients, price, experience (pros/cons) or review after use, how to use for maximum benefit and direct link to buy. So let’s get started…
1. Onion Hair Oil for Hair Regrowth & Hair Fall Control
1) First of all, it’s completely devoid of any odour as I had expected it to be.
2) I used this oil for 2-3 months to actually notice visible changes, and still continuing.
3) I believe its a bit pricey but for me it works like a “Magic Potion”.
1) Promotes hair growth: It has effectively reduced hairfall, turned my hair softer and significantly boosted my hair growth.
2) Improves hair texture: Onion being the main ingredient, leaves my hair shiny after every wash as onion is rich in sulphates & anti-oxidants. You can check out my article on All-In-One Hair Care Guide if you face prolonged hairfall issues.
How To Use :
1) To experience its wonders, it is suggested to use it thrice in 2 weeks.
2) Heat the oil in a container and then apply so it seeps well into your scalp.
3) Massage in circular motions, leave overnight and wash off next morning. You’ll surely experience some difference from the very first use.
2. Ubtan Face Mask for Skin Lightening & Brightening
1) This face mask gives you an instant glow, lightens your skin tone, and moisturizes your skin. Face seems much livelier. It gives such quick results and doesn’t feel harsh being hypoallergenic. Good for teenagers with oily skin type.
2) Gives a fresh, soothing affect within 20 minutes. It also removes tan due to heat & pollution.
1) Suits all Skin type: Very gentle on skin; no irritation; doesn’t dry out the skin.
2) Reduces skin pigmentation: Lightens up the skin complexion upto 1 tone. Saffron is known to clear spots and lighten the skin tone which helps in enhancing skin complexion.
3) Nourishes: Antioxidants in turmeric protect the skin cells from free radical damage and nourishes the skin from within.
How To Use :
1) Wash your face with a sulfate free face wash suiting your skin type. Then, dab our face dry and apply a generous layer of face mask on clean face.
2) Keep it for 15 minutes, scrub & wash off with cold water. Works best when applied once a week.
3. Tea Tree Facewash for acne & pimples
Purified water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Neem Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Aloe Vera Extract, D Panthenol, Lavender Oil, Tea Tree Oil
1) Treats acne like wonder and prevents further breakouts, upto some extent.
2) Instantly brightens up my skin.
3) It over-dries my skin everytime I use it. So I do not use it on a regular basis. Twice a week is good enough. If your skin is extremely dry then you can refer other Tea Tree Oil based Facewashes; Follow Here.
1) Prevents acne breakout: Neem and Tea Tree Oil have anti-bacterial properties that control acne breakouts and pimples by removing excess oil.
2) Cleans clogged skin pores: Neem extract helps purify the skin and makes the skin even. It gently removes dirt, oil, and impurities from the clogged skin pores, making it clean and healthy.
How To Use :
1) Apply a coin-sized amount of face wash on damp face.
2) Work up a mild lather and massage your face in gentle, anti-clockwise circular movements for 30 seconds.
3) Rinse with lukewarm or tap water. Pat dry your face with a clean towel.
4. Skin Correct Face Serum with Niacinamide and Ginger Extract
1) The texture of this serum is slightly greasy, so if you do not face acne breakouts or have prevailing pimple marks or scars, this serum is not for you.
2) This serum works marvelously to treat pimple spots or any sort of pigmentation. For me, it started showing visible results in 2 weeks.
3) As a teenager, I had this filthy habit of popping pimples everytime, which not only caused more and more breakouts but also left behind enlarged pores. This serum has effectively minimized open pores and made my skin firmer.
1) Reduces Acne Marks: Niacinamide is a proven ingredient that reduces acne marks and the appearance of skin blemishes. Antioxidants in ginger extract also help fade acne scars.
2) Reduce enlarged pores: The serum helps reduce pore size, increases skin’s elasticity and works like magic on wrinkles and fine lines.
3) Improves Skin Texture: Ginger extract has anti-irritant, stimulating and anti-inflammatory properties that soothe and calm the skin.
How To Use :
1) Apply the serum directly on the face at night using a dropper.
2) Apply dots all over the face and neck. Gently massage in a circular motion until the product is completely absorbed.
5. Argan Hair Mask with Argan, Avocado Oil and Milk Protein
1) The shampoo is 100% natural undoubtedly, but its too thick to apply. Here’s a short trick. Mix some amount of water with adequate amount of shampoo you need to use and form a lather before applying.
2) I personally did not face any hairfall issues after using it. But many customers claim that its hard to remove (wash off) so it later caused hairfall. Think wisely before buying.
1) Specially formulated to reduce frizz & repair damaged hair, the shampoo gives your hair a settled look. Apple Cider Vinegar helps in reducing dryness while repairing split ends.
2) Nourishing properties of Vitamin E, Argan Oil, and Glycerin, help in repairing dry & damaged hair.
3) It gently cleans the scalp & hair while nourishing it.
How To Use :
1) Gently massage shampoo on to wet hair and scalp with fingertips.
2) Rinse thoroughly and follow it up with a mild conditioner.
8. C3 Face Mask With Charcoal, Coffee & Clay for glowing skin
1) It’s a must-have product during summers. It gives such a soothing effect to your skin.
2) Treats Black heads and cleanses white heads in the T-zone. I use it once a week at night.
1) It exfoliates and removes dead skin cells giving way to glowing skin.
2) Charcoal sucks out all the impurities and brightens the skin.
3) The mixture of clays reduces acne and gets rid of scars as well.
How To Use :
1) Wash your face with a sulfate free face wash suiting your skin type.
2) Dab our face dry and apply a generous layer of face mask on clean face.
3) Keep it for 15 minutes, scrub & wash off with cold tap water.
9. Mamaearth Pro-Growth Hair Tonic For Better Hair Growth
Aqua, Korean Red Ginseng Extract, Caffeine, Niacinamide, Zinc PCA, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose Shelf Life: 23 months from the date of manufacture mentioned on the product.
1) Firstly I would say that it’s a hair tonic for rejuvenating hair growth for people who experience extreme hair loss, baldness, etc.
2) I ordered this for my cousin who was facing early-age baldness and patchiness. After completely using the first bottle, some hair growth was noticed. The Red Ginseng extract solely fulfills the purpose. Takes 4-6 months to start showing results.
3) Order this product only when your hair loss really bothers you, else you can stick to the Onion Hair Oil for hair regrowth.
1) Can be used as a leave in tonic for treating damaged hair and promoting hair regrowth.
2) Reduces hair fall and repairs damaged follicles to increase hair thickness, shine, and density.
3) Milk Protein and Vit. E, nourishes hair from within; suits all hair types.
How To Use :
1) Wash your hair with a Sulfate-free shampoo. Pat dry with a clean towel.
2) Spray adequate quantity of tonic onto the scalp just enough to dampen it.
3) Gently massage with fingertips and leave the tonic in there. Since it can feel greasy on the scalp, use at night and wash off next morning. For better results, use 3-4 times a week.
1) This moisturizer is so smooth, it glides on like butter on the skin. Readily gets absorbed in the skin and gives it an instant oil-free glow.
2) Since, this moisturizer doesn’t contain sun protection formula, so it needs to be followed up with sunscreen.
1) A non-comedogenic face moisturizer for acne-prone skin, which moisturizes your face and keeps acne & pimples away.
2) This moisturizer feels light on the face and is non-greasy. It nourishes your skin without making it look greasy.
3) It goes deep within pores to remove excess oil. Its oil repellant formula closes pores & hydrates skin effectively for a longer time.
How To Use :
1) Use adequate amount and apply all over face and neck.
2) Use morning and night, alone or under makeup.
3) Can make your skin sweaty sometimes. Apply a thin layer of face powder or compact to fix it.
Final Take On Mamaearth Products…
Honestly, I barely found any products by Mamaearth disappointing, among those which I used and recommended. Most people say in their feedback that the product wasn’t worth their money because it didn’t show them any results. For them I’d say that you have to keep using the product(s) for atleast 3-4 months to find amazing results.
Since, it does not use ANY HARSH CHEMICALS unlike some brands, it takes time to work and finally show it’s miracles. Trust me, these products are 100% Natural as they claim it to be, and some of these could be a little pricier but in the long run, you’d be happy to make this wise choice!! The best thing is, it suits all skin-type. So what are you waiting for? Shop Mamaearth products from the links provided & give your personal care regime a touch of Mother Nature.